Buffalo Wild Wings employee dies after exposure to cleaning chemical

Dipublikasikan tanggal 8 Nov 2019
An employee at a Buffalo Wild Wings in Massachusetts died after being exposed to a chemical cleaning agent. Hazmat crews were called to the Burlington restaurant Thursday after reports of a chemical reaction in the kitchen. At least 10 other customers and workers were hospitalized.
Watch "CBS This Morning" HERE: bit.ly/1T88yAR
Download the CBS News app on iOS HERE: apple.co/1tRNnUy
Download the CBS News app on Android HERE: bit.ly/1IcphuX
Like "CBS This Morning" on Facebook HERE: on.fb.me/1LhtdvI
Follow "CBS This Morning" on Twitter HERE: bit.ly/1Xj5W3p
Follow "CBS This Morning" on Instagram HERE: bit.ly/1Q7NGnY
Get new episodes of shows you love across devices the next day, stream local news live, and watch full seasons of CBS fan favorites anytime, anywhere with CBS All Access. Try it free! bit.ly/1OQA29B
Each weekday morning, "CBS This Morning" co-hosts Gayle King, Anthony Mason and Tony Dokoupil deliver two hours of original reporting, breaking news and top-level newsmaker interviews in an engaging and informative format that challenges the norm in network morning news programs. The broadcast has earned a prestigious Peabody Award, a Polk Award, four News & Documentary Emmys, three Daytime Emmys and the 2017 Edward R. Murrow Award for Best Newscast. The broadcast was also honored with an Alfred I. duPont-Columbia Award as part of CBS News division-wide coverage of the shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut. Check local listings for "CBS This Morning" broadcast times.


  • The people that eat there will die a slower yet painful death

  • That's sucks and so does that restaurant

  • Rip pray for the family damn thats insane too sad better figure that out

  • This is why I warn people that mankind is generally stupid. Most of the time, people die from the dumb decisions of others. Its your job to be Batman about saving your own life. Solve the riddle before everybody else or youre just another victim in Gotham. From food preparing jobs to cleaning jobs to even driving jobs, youll find the dumbest of the dumb. These are the people mixing toxic chemicals, making your food without washing their nasty hands, & running over your babies as they get off the school bus in a school zone. You cant trust this world/age. Batman level or whoops. -Jesus is King

  • Was thinking about my local wild wings when the video started and then it turns out to be exactly that one

  • This is so terrible I feel bad for the family. Lawsuit coming in 3,2,1.....

  • What you cleaning with Rick Ross.

  • I feel like the reason this is news today is to divert from the morman cartel story that should be everywhere.

  • Nah he died from eating to much chicken.

  • Now I get why Gordon Ramsay gets so mad when kitchens are not clean

  • Damn it's a bad week to buy a chicken sandwich.

  • They should teach people how to neutralize the reaction .... baking soda?

  • Amazing the same people who take time to make a joke out of this mans death, go on other videos and bash people in comment sections for different reasons that are sensitive to “them”. Primary example why I never like people’s comments on ID-tv people are so two faced .

  • Never mix ammonia and bleach. :/ miniurl.pw/gLnBs1

  • I never understood why restaurant workers mop the floor with bleach while I’m still eating. The smell is disgusting!

  • যঙসস

  • once my smartass dad almost killed my sister by mixing two (same brand but different kind of) bleach, when he told her to help cleaning guest bathroom. she felt ill and her faced turned terrifying color, we brought her to ER and ofc shes poisoned. my dad was so fcking dumb.

  • So many uncaring people, everyone thinks not mixing cleaning chemicals is taught in high school. High schools by me all have focus on different things, art, business, etc. My business high school did not teach chemistry. I only learned about ammonia and bleach mixing into poison from a co-worker who mentioned it when I was 20. I didn't learn it at home because my mom only kept ammonia in the house, never bleach. Maybe it's time to ban employers from having ammonia and bleach at the same time in the businesses. Bleach is needed to sanitize food prep areas, probably need to find an alternative for ammonia. There's something better than blaming the victims.

  • Manager has left the chat

  • With everything going on in the world, CBS continues to not disappoint with their story choices. Anything happen in Hong Kong?, what's up with Bolivia? Who is being called to testify on Impeachment? Nope, Buffalo wild wings is THE story we are running with...

  • “Sodium hypochlorite” why not just say “bleach”, “Clorox”, nah I get it you need the drama. Anyways instructions are always on the label with warnings my moneys on misuse of cleaner.

  • So sad

  • Died working that's sad man....

  • Breaks my heart . Working class people deserve better

  • Probably bleach mixed with ammonia.

    • Damm didnt know bout this i member mixing degreaser with blech


  • He was jamming my music, didnt pay attention

    • Pure amonia dangerous,, if mixed.....

  • I'm not surprised. I've gotten food poisoning twice there.. Shame on me for the second time. I'll never eat at BWW's again.

  • Use some pine sol instead

  • First the fake news racists claim and now this, what is going on Buffalo Wild Wings.

  • That’s sucks I’m sorry to this bruh

  • People dying from chicken 🐔 left and right

  • Buffalo wild wings sucks anyway small a$$ wings that are salty af

  • Formula for sodium hypochlorite?

  • This is so sad! Poor employee, just working normally, and dies!

  • does this mean buffalo wild wings are gonna lower their prices? im tryna eat.

  • just use simple stuff it’s much safer


  • His family is about to get a bag, same goes for the people hospitalized

  • Pure amonia dangerous,, if mixed.....

  • Damm didnt know bout this i member mixing degreaser with blech

  • Sad. Working at Buffalo Wild Wings poor dude couldn't afford tide pods to snack on...

  • Taco time burien washington has food in plastic bags that are not meant for it while exposed to high temperatures all day

    • Management peer pressures to come in while sick and doesn't stop harassment between co workers

  • Another victim of today's schools and homelife. No practical experience or critical thinking.

  • Who mixed bleach and windex?

  • B Dubs not catching ANY breaks in the news these past two weeks huh? 😔💔

  • I hope they close down all buffalo wild wings down

  • Cleaning: Most restaurants: nah, I’LL just the fine. The one store that cleans: DEATH

  • Chloramine was the agent. www.chloramine.org/chloraminefacts.htm

  • The rival bar poisoned him just like the dude from chick fil a shanked the kid from Popeyes for eating a chicken sandwitch

  • lol what a wimp

  • That sucks so much to die mopping. Poor guy.

  • I think it's worse that he was either too dumb,ignorant,Or just not trained well enough... To handle the situation correctly and it should be inforced to know hazards and hazards be inforces to prevent.

  • Woah. That is nuts!

  • First Popeyes now this?

  • Damn no more going there geesh

  • Turns out that the chemicals weren't mixed together. They used one cleaner on the floor, but they didn't realize another one had spilled earlier in the day. This is just a sad, sad accident.

  • Chlorine gas.

  • This happen more than know. It is easy to mix 2 chemical by mistake. Years ago, my stupid a$$ was cleaning a bathroom and mixed some ammonia and some bleach. NEVER AGAIN, will I be that stupid. I was lucky to get out of the house, but felt real stupid when all the fire Dept. came. They gave me the old " always read the label speech, then said, it happen more than you know."

  • The guy ( manager) who DIED was NOT the one who MIXED the cleaners.

    • Yeah i live in Burlington and we found out the manager had gone back in to help others out and died due to the chemical exposure.