Dipublikasikan tanggal 3 Nov 2023
The first of the Indonesia vlogs! This week consisted of climbing two volcanos through the night, one with toxic gas in it... that hurt.
As promised here is the 'How To' for the budget-friendly version of Mt Bromo:
For the sunrise hike.
1. You'll want to stay as near to Bromo as possible as this includes a lot of walking. Most people seem to stay in Probolinggo or Surabaya, but you should get a bus/taxi from there to a guesthouse in Bromo.
(We stayed at Good Karma guesthouse, Bromo).
2. We got up at 2am the morning of the hike, and started walking at 2:30am. You'll need to bring layers (it's COLD at the viewpoint), a headtorch, and some water.
3. Download MapsMe on your phone, set your map to Kingkong viewpoint and start walking. This should be in the opposite direction to the entrance you came in the day before. You'll see motorbikes and jeeps carrying tourists heading in the same direction. The first hour is just road so is pretty easy. The second half is more of a dirt path, with a little scrambling included, head torches will be needed for this part.
4. After ~1.5 - 2 hours you should reach the viewpoint. I'd aim to get there just after 4am as the jeep tourists arrive soon after meaning you won't get a good view of Bromo. Facing outwards you'll want to be on the right side of the viewpoint with the sun rising infront of you as that's the side the volcanos are on.
Walk back, grab some breakfast, and have a nap...
For the crater walk:
1. The path to the crater cannot be found on Google maps so you'll need MapsMe for this. By the side of the Good Karma Guesthouse, closest to the volcanos, is a path called 'Secret Path to Bromo'. It will take you down the side of the guesthouse and down a zigzagging dirt trail to the open expanse below the volcanos.
2. Follow the path all the way to the bottom of the Bromo Volcano, climb the stairs to the top, and enjoy the view of the crater. You might want to take a Snood with you as it's quite sulfurous up there.
3. If you want to avoid the crowds as we did, do the crater walk AFTER midday, as all the tours go before. We got there around 2pm and were practically the only ones there, and got to enjoy golden hour on our walk back home.
In total we walked ~17km
I hope this helps.
Subscribe for Bali vlogs coming soon!
Love mo xx
For more of me:
For JPs photography: